GET IN TOUCH VIA THE CONTACT PAGE… for Stage & Event Management, Panel/Stage Moderation & Interviewing, Writing, Social Media Content Creation/Moderation, and Public Relations/Media Issue Resolution.
Employment Summary (as of end 2019)
- 18 years of Events, Customer Service & Hospitality Industry experience
- 10 years of Stage Management/Presenting experience
- 7 years of Local Government experience. 6.5 years in libraries & 6 months in community events
- 3 years of Disaster Management experience through the State Emergency Service (over 750 operational hours)
Academic, Trade Qualifications and other Licences
- Bachelor of Arts (Major: Public Relations, Minors: Marketing, Media Studies, & Journalism)
University of Southern Queensland, graduated 2015
- Current C class driver’s licence, & own reliable vehicle
- Current ‘Working with Children’ Blue Card, Apply First Aid & CPR Certifications (through SES)
Library Assistant – Brisbane City Council
(North Region – Hamilton, Mitchelton, Brisbane Square, Chermside Libraries) Jul 2013 – Current
– Apply interpersonal and communication skills and customer focus attributes to provide a dynamic public library service, and respond to & resolve customer service requests
– Participate in the planning and effective delivery of activities including promotion, outreach, library programs (including storytelling), and user education both within the library and outreach in the local community.
– Utilise knowledge of the full range of library collections, products and services and experience in working with a wide variety of these products and services to grow library membership, retain existing customers and increase library usage. Provide accurate and current reference and community information at the point of need (e.g. roving reference service, information desk), and the ability to encourage enthusiasm for reading through effective readers advisory.
– Maintain, troubleshoot, operate, and teach staff/customers about technical library equipment, rapidly acquire new skills with emerging technology such as self-service equipment, book sorting machine, online booking systems, WiFi and radio frequency identification (RFID).
– Work as a constructive and flexible team member and actively support the Team Leader to achieve Council and Library Services outcomes including the ability to supervise a work team. Contribute to team direction, give and receive feedback and achieve agreed performance standards, and contribute to a culture of performance excellence.
– Achievements: Have run a popular 30+ people pop culture event monthly at Brisbane Square Library since Oct 2013. Nominated for a Staff Excellence award for the delivery of exceptional customer services & children’s events.
Contracted Events Manager – Hervey Bay City Council – 2007-2008
– Liaising with government departments, media, volunteers, security, market stallholders, food, entertainment, fireworks and amusement ride operators to coordinate large scale community events.
– Budgeting with over $15,000, including sponsorship packages and pro-rata advertising packages
– Venue scouting, risk assessment & management, and workplace health and safety procedures
– Facebook marketing, trend analysis, target market identification and research, competitions, direct marketing
– Extensive use of social media for brand recognition, target market analysis , as well as script writing, presenting, interviewing, researching, media liaison, creation of public relations & social media plans/strategies
State Emergency Service – Brisbane Unit – Northern Group (2017- current)
– Public Information Officer (Media Liaison, Community Liaison, & Information/Warnings) – 1st SES volunteer to activate in the QLD State Operations Centre during a disaster event (Canungra/Stanthorpe Bushfires, Sep 2019)
– Regional Volunteer Community Educator 8HR training (2018)
– 5 Day Deployment to Baffle Creek Bushfires (Agnes Waters) as a Community Liaison Officer (Dec 2018)
– Functional Team Leader Community Engagement (April 2018 – current) – scout visits, school fetes, team building nights, resourcing, liaising with external stakeholders, ensuring team are aligned with correct messaging, etc.
– Queensland Fire & Emergency State level community engagement – Ekka, Brisbane Home Show, ‘Get Ready’ Week.
– Team Leader & presenter for My Resilient Schools program (Grade 5/6 disaster preparedness)
– Field Operations Member (active)– trained in First Aid & CPR, Briefings & Debriefings, Fire Safety, Ropes & Knots, Storm Damage, Radio & Communications, Team Building, Perform in a Rescue Operation, & TAMS Task Manager.
– Support Club Secretary (July 2018 – current) – meeting organisation, fundraising (Bunnings BBQs), minutes, etc.
– New Recruit Liaison (July 2019 – current) – ensuring new volunteers are taken care of during probationary training.
– Brisbane SES Unit crowd support events (Radio Operator in Field Command or Police Operations Centre) – Riverfire, NYE, Bridge to Brisbane, ANZAC Day, Operation Fortis (Prince Charles & Camilla Welcome to City), Brisbane City Xmas Parade (King George Square).
– Counter-terrorism training relating to large scale community events from Queensland Police (Sep 2019). Queensland Fire & Emergency Services HAZMAT, Social Media, Cultural Awareness, & Mental Health Awareness training. Bureau of Meteorology adverse weather awareness training. Queensland Rail Familiarisation training.
– Australasian Inter-service Incident Management System training 16HR (high level disaster management)
Other Event Projects
Wildlife Presenter/Farm Hand – D’Aguilar Wildlife (previously Bawden’s Cockatoo Chaos) – 2010 – current
– Developing programs to interactively educate the public about avian pet care, native animals, and the environment through informative and entertaining demonstrations/presentations. Opens 2020. (weekend work)
Oz Comic Con/ReedPop International (Pop Culture Events)
– 18 weekend events requiring pre-prep (Perth, Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney, & Melbourne) 2014 – current
– Guest DVD/YouTube Interviewer & Cosplay Judge, Area/Stage Manager, Panel Moderator, Content Creator/Researcher, Comic Creator/Guest Liaison, & Volunteer Manager
Brisbane Zombie Walk/Surfers Paradise FestEvil & Zombie Walk – Organising Committee Member 2013-18- Media, Main Stage Host/Manager, Costume Competition Coordinator, & Volunteer Coordinator
31 Digital Brisbane’s Community Television Station (Volunteer TV Host) Jan 2013 – Oct 2014
‘The Late Nite Show’, ‘Showreel’, ‘This Town brisbane’ programs.
– Co-host, Guest, Presenter, Writer, Researcher, Photographer, & Newsletter Coordinator
Heritage City Music – Band & Youth Event Management with Maryborough City Council 2005-07
– Event Organiser, Volunteer Coordinator, Budgeting, AV, Committee Coordination, Security, PR, Venue Hire etc.
Other: Events/Public Relations & Media
BRISBANE POP CULTURE EXPO & DRAWN2LIFE COSPLAY GROUP (Volunteer Guest Cosplay Judge) 2014
GEEK SPEAK TV (Presenter, Script Writer, Media Liaison, Social Media, Webseries, Podcast,) 2012
KABOOM COMICS (Retail Assistant & Events Coordinator) 2011/12
102.7fm TOOWOOMBA COMMUNITY RADIO VOLUNTEER (Trained Radio Announcer) 2011/12
ASP PHOTOGRAPHY (Administration and Studio Assistant) 2011
HIGHFIELDS PIONEER VILLAGE VOLUNTEER (Events Assistant, and Member) 2009/10
USQ FRASER COAST STUDENT GUILD VOLUNTEER (Fundraising Events) 2004/06
MARYBOROUGH CRICKET CLUB (Bar/Events/Waitstaff/Admin) 2005/07
BAYSWATER TAVERN (Bar/Events/Waitstaff) 2007
NRG EVENTS AND PROMOTIONS (Promotional Staff) 2004-2005
RED ROOSTER (Cashier) 2003-2004
ROVERS FOOTBALL CLUB (Bar/Events/Waitstaff) 2001-2003Location: Wavell Heights QLD 4012 Australia
References: Current Events Manager, Library Manager & Personal
(please email for more information)
GEEK SPEAK – Starting out dusting shelves in a comic book shop in 2012, Amanda Bacchi was a part of a Youtube web series as the ‘girly geek’ host, interviewer, media liaison, podcaster and scriptwriter, discussing current TV series, movies, gaming, comics, books, and local events. Amanda’s crafty communication skills managed to wrangle the program onto 5 community TV channels across Australia and New Zealand for 2 seasons.
31 DIGITAL – An interview about the webseries led to a permanent co-hosting gig with the weekly, variety/comedy program The Late Night Show LIVE on Brisbane’s Community TV channel, 31 Digital, as their pop culture correspondent from 2012-14.
ZOMBIE WALK – Media coverage of Brisbane Zombie Walk since 2012, lead to Amanda hosting their main stage and costume competition in 2014-17. She was crowned the Australian Zombie Walk Queen (by Foxtel) for her cosplay in 2013, and judged cosplay competitions for the Brisbane Alternative Expo and Drawn2Life in 2013/14.
OZ COMIC CON – After conducting some impromptu guest interviews for the Oz Comic-Con media team, Amanda was recruited to be a core staff member, and Stage 3 Coordinator for 17 of their conventions, from 2014-18. She was a host/moderator for comic book artists/creators, voice actors, film actors, and writer/author/publisher guests for the Oz Comic Con popular culture conventions across Australia.
Amanda’s part-time work with Brisbane Libraries blends her love of books with being able to help people with everything from social media & online security, to kids tech & robotics sessions, to babies books & rhymetime. She has been facilitating pop culture events with them, such as the monthly pop culture/comic book meetup, since Oct 2014.
#CHAOSFARM – In her spare time, she can be found at the Chaos farm; the home base for D’Aguilar Wildlife, for which she has been an animal trainer and presenter at shows, schools, and conventions for many years.
SES – Amanda joined the Queensland State Emergency Service in February 2017, and was appointed the Functional Team Leader for Community Engagement for Brisbane Northern Group in April 2018. She is enjoys learning leadership skills, making friends, and being an active part of her community, and has already participated in several activation activities, such as storm damage, and community events. She was the face of the Queensland Fire & Rescue Service ‘Operation Knock Knock’ social media campaign.
She is an avid gardener, loves to read, watches WAY too much Netflix, and spends lots of time with her family, friends, and birds.