SES community engagement event with the flood boat. Lightening overhead really drummed home the ‘be storm ready’ messages!! 🚨⛵️🧡🌦
Tonight’s SES training was a visit to the Brisbane Water Police ⚓️ wonderful insight into how we work together in search & rescue situations involving waterways. So much respect for these highly-skilled men and women who hold themselves to such a high standard of operational readiness ⛴🚁🚔🚨
– How/why community engagement contributes to operational readiness
– Resources available for community engagement events
– practice iPad storm safe game & interactive flood maps
– get ready brochures
– physical assets: flood boats, atvs, vehicles etc
– Messaging: what does the public want from us & what we need to make them aware of (questions to ask, info to share – brainstorming session)
– Upcoming fetes, fundraisers & social events
– Future planning
Providing crowd and traffic support for the 5km start!! Bit of a rainy day, but much fun 🙂 Lord Mayor Graham Quirk stopped for a quick photo and to shake my hand and say thank you 🎩🙇🏻♀️🧡
White walkers were only on the 10km but it was fun to see the dinosaur!
*me pretending to be important in the media room 🎥👩🏻🚒🤷🏻♀️…
I may have drawn a bird on their very cool interactive table!
Learnt how to emergency open doors, safety around the tracks, & got to have a squiz at the drivers cabin! Bit damp, but very interesting!! 🚧🚂🚃🚉👩🏻🚒