Australian Comic Arts Festival (ACAF) Kid Phantom Q&A panel that turned into a casual chat/podcast on Sunday 11 Feb 2018…
Who was there: Dr. Paul Mason (Artist), Andrew Constant (Writer – not murdered!), Glenn Ford (Frew Publishing), Robbie Miles (Producer/Fan), Antonio DiDio (Fan/Emotional Support Officer), Trevor Clark (Fan), Luke Geaghan (Fan) & Amanda Bacchi (Moderator)… and several other unheard audience members!!!
What we discussed:
– The ‘Comics for Kids’ panel earlier in the day
– The success that has been the first 3 Kid Phantom issues
– Background into the writing and art of the book
– How the stories have been set up and how/why
– Costume drawing
– A little history of kids comics (internationally speaking), engaging with a young audience
– Popularity and differences in the different models of distribution: subscription, newsagent & comic book shop
– What the fans are looking forward to!!